Monday, April 27, 2009

Taking a Ride in The Blue Van

Closing out this evening’s Whisky acts is The Blue Van, a Danish quartet who acquired their name from local slang concerning the method of transport most commonly used for moving mental patients. How can you not like that? After a rockin’ first number the frontman went on a brief, humorous diatribe on how all the food he’d eaten since arriving in America had come on toothpicks…thus exhibiting the disinclination of musicians worldwide to have to actually purchase their own food. Haha, just kidding, if any of you lads are actually reading this…no, really, I am. Anyhow, as I typed that frivolity I was definitely doing The Blue Van a disservice, because their chuggin’ rock-n-roll numbers have definitely been getting under my skin…so, excuse me for a moment…okay, I’m back. They just performed a shoutalong blues-based epic that had the audience stomping, clapping and howling for more through several false endings…truly awesome. If riding in The Blue Van is symptomatic of mental illness, count me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment